Blagdon Parish Council engages with the community in a variety of ways.
- public meetings – the council meetings and annual village meeting
- monthly surgeries – run in conjunction with St Andrews Coffee Stop once a month
- councillor feedback from community meetings – Blagdonia, Living Well etc
- contact details are provided on noticeboards and on this website
- Parish Council postbox – located in Blagdon Stores for village views
There are also council publications which are divided into three main groups.
- Parish Council News – published after each council meeting. The first Parish Council News was published in July 2015.
- In the past the council has produced a news sheet called Blagdon Views. The last Blagdon Views was published in June 2015.
- The council has also published Highlights. These were published between January 2003 and July 2013.
Further methods that the Council may use include:
- Focus groups
- Information boards
The Clerk supports the Council by: providing advice; drafting survey questions and publicity materials; and providing examples of good practice obtained by networking with other Clerks.
The Community Engagement reviews are available to view and download.